Wednesday 8 December 2010

Digipak research


While Mariam, Myung and Evette carried on editing the music video, I started on making the digipak. At first I found this to be a slight challenge as I had never owned an album which was a digipak. So in order to create the digipak I had to do some research into existing ones.

Digipaks
I like this digipak as it has the pictures and band information and toour dates. This is whyt most people pay more digipaks


I also looked at album covers by different artists like Norah Jones and Kate Melua.

Norah Jones- Come Away with Me

I used this Norah Jones album cover as inspiration for our cover. I liked the simplicity of it. Most album covers have elaborate artwork and extravagant photoshoots. To have a simple close up of the singers face gives the potential buyer an insight to what kind of musician she is. Norah Jones is a smooth jazz and blues singer, having a blue background is a literal way of showing her genre.






Mika- Life in Cartoon Motion

This a completely different ablum cover. This is cover is album artwork that only features a small picture of the artist. Like most covers the artwork reflects the genre of music. Mika's is glam rock and pop. An album cover should not only reflect the genre of music, but the artist themself. The bright colours reflect Mika's happy-go-lucky nature and hyperactive personality.







Roshi Theva

No comments:

Post a Comment