Tuesday 21 December 2010

Editing the last bits.

On Thursday (last day of half term) I went to the media lesson in my free period and continued to edit our music video. The reason I carried on editing was because last lesson Mr Roberts watched our video and he told us that the editing needed to be changed in order to make our music video look great. Before we changed our ending, we had a shot of me (the actress) sitting at the top of the stairs and holding the wooden banister singing the lines 'like raindrops', because this was a full body shot and not a close up Mr Roberts felt that the actress was not interacting with the audience enough and as this would be the last time we hear her singing he wanted a close up of the actress so that it creates more of an impact on the viewer. I understood his comments and decided to delete the stairs shot and I began looking for a close up of me singing 'like raindrops' I could not find any so I thought it might look good if I used a shot a we have previously used (a close up of me laying down on the bed). I dragged this clip in and of course it was not in sync, so I had to make it a lot slower by adjusting the speed tool. Myung was also with me to help me do this. Myung and I became much focused and it took us some time but we managed to tweak the speed enough to get the shot into sync and the end result was brilliant as the new shot we dragged in included lots of impact and dramatic effects. We decided to add a transition in before the close up so that the last two scenes overlap one another in a dramatic way. The transition we included was ‘cross dissolve’ and it worked very well.

Once we had finished editing the last scenes, Myung and I looked over the whole video about 8 times trying to find any faults that we could improve. We came across about 1 fault each time, this was things like the colour of the scene did not match the next clip and they looked a bit jumpy with one another so we decided on a colour to use on both of them that would make them match. Another fault we found were one of the shots still had the original audio on it so we took the audio out and then went on to each clip making sure the audio was on mute for every clip. Once we made all these changes and we were happy with it, we showed it to Mr Roberts again and he was very impressed and satisfied with our final project. We then had to save our video on to a quick time file and once that was complete we saved our project onto the 'Media Archive'. This means that we can not go back and make any changes to our music video as we have given it to our teacher and we have met our deadline.

Mariam Nikpour

No comments:

Post a Comment