Monday 13 December 2010

Video analysis - 2NE1 - It hurts

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aUiMaz4BNKw
I chose this music video 'it hurts' to analyse because I noticed it had a very similar mise en scene to our music video, it also had some very nice shots that I thought we could benefit from using. The mise en scene for this video is very spooky and they also used a large, enchanted house to film in. The shots I felt we could use from the 'it hurts' video was when one of the female lead singers are sitting on the window seal looking out from high up with her legs across the side of the window. I thought this would work well in our music video because the camera framing is very accurate, showing the whole of the artist’s body and this shot is also allowing the camera to track in, making the shot more interesting other than just filming from a distance.

Furthermore, I was intrigued by some of the shots that 'it hurts' had such as, the close up of the female with the red hair singing into the camera. I was inspired by this scene as it is very passionate and it immediately catches the audience’s attention, this made me think it would be a good idea to use this shot for our own music video as I wanted our artist to interact with the audience on a personal level and keep them wanting to watch more of our video. I decided that we would film plenty of these close up shots and when it comes to editing I could make use of this footage throughout but only use it for certain parts of the music video where I want the audience to be really engaged and focused on our artist and the lyrics of which she would be singing.

In the music video 'it hurts' I particularly liked the idea of the fog machines and spooky effects that had been placed, for my own music video I felt that I could get ideas from this by using cob webs when appropriate and bringing that sense of spooky horror to our music video as well. I was also inspired by 'it hurts' because they occasionally use transitions such as 'cross dissolves’; this is when two scenes overlap one another slightly. I thought this really worked well and made their music video a lot more interesting than it would have been if they had not used this transition. When editing I will test out the 'cross dissolve' transition to see whether it works well with our music video too.

Mariam Nikpour

No comments:

Post a Comment