Sunday 12 December 2010

Myspace preparation

In order to make our artist believe able we have decided to make her a MySpace, as MySpace is populated everyday with many musicians both sighed and unsigned artists we believe this social network would be where this type of artist would advertise her music. One of the main reasons we decided to make a MySpace because the audience targeted for this site is between the ages from 15-20 which is also the target audience for ‘Ellena Rose’ genre of music.

As a group we debated whether to make a facebook combined with a ‘free’ web, because in the process of making the MySpace I found that it was quite difficult with the introduction of the new MySpace layout 0.2, and because I’m more used to the html based layout before that. Also when adding the song to the MySpace I didn’t realise about the disclaimer of not being allowed to use copyrighted stuff and legally I didn’t own the song, so I tried 2-3 times to add the song and I finally got a timed ban on the account. So after that I thought back to making the facebook and a ‘free’ web and just linking them up together because I believe you can add more things to ‘free’ web as u have more freedom to add what you want on there, Also I’m quite experience with using html codes and I feel it’s more personal and unique and html codes can be used in any design way you want which makes it totally different to anyone else’s site.

Also the population of MySpace is rapidly decreasing with the introduction of facebook and twitter, and there is a chance that Myspace would be shut down because of this. That’s one of the prime reasons Myspace decided to make a newer layout to attract all the users who have abandoned myspace for another social site.

Looking through all the sites claiming that you can make a free professional looking website, I settled on using www.webs.com because I looked at existing sites made and I liked the look of it, also I know many people my age who have a site they linked to their facebook and it looks very professional also I like ccs codes because I like working with them rather than having to choose from bland ready made layouts.

By Evette Anderson-Sampah

No comments:

Post a Comment